A Rock in the Midst of Life Ever Changing
A new year. A new country. New culture and customs. New people. New work, food, bed. New, new, new. Todo es Nuevo. It can be exciting…and intimidating. Might I even venture to say that it’s a bit scary?
Pero, no, todo no es nuevo, porque the same God still reigns and sees every detail of my life. Although the night sky might look different in the southern hemisphere, the same sun warms the earth and the same moon lights the night. The same human desires and needs that have acted as the thread connecting me to people in the U.S, Lithuania, Honduras, and Costa Rica will continue to connect me to people here in Argentina. The same family and friends that have loved and supported me from a distance over the past few years will continue to be of vital importance while I am here. I expect that I’ll still run and get the same thrill, drink tea (or coffee or mate) with girl friends, enjoy chocolate, listen to music and be encouraged or moved to dance; and I’ll still read the same, unchanging Word that speaks Truth, anywhere and everywhere, in all times and to all people.
And so in the midst of great transition and turbulence, I take comfort in this: the God I serve is sovereign over all time, space, circumstances, and creatures. He is Creator and Redeemer, Lord and Friend, my Rock and Hiding Place, the Beginning and End. He knows each day before it comes to be, and he has a plan for them, a plan that is good because he loves me. What a solace and freedom this provides as I go out to embrace new adventures!
Pero, no, todo no es nuevo, porque the same God still reigns and sees every detail of my life. Although the night sky might look different in the southern hemisphere, the same sun warms the earth and the same moon lights the night. The same human desires and needs that have acted as the thread connecting me to people in the U.S, Lithuania, Honduras, and Costa Rica will continue to connect me to people here in Argentina. The same family and friends that have loved and supported me from a distance over the past few years will continue to be of vital importance while I am here. I expect that I’ll still run and get the same thrill, drink tea (or coffee or mate) with girl friends, enjoy chocolate, listen to music and be encouraged or moved to dance; and I’ll still read the same, unchanging Word that speaks Truth, anywhere and everywhere, in all times and to all people.
And so in the midst of great transition and turbulence, I take comfort in this: the God I serve is sovereign over all time, space, circumstances, and creatures. He is Creator and Redeemer, Lord and Friend, my Rock and Hiding Place, the Beginning and End. He knows each day before it comes to be, and he has a plan for them, a plan that is good because he loves me. What a solace and freedom this provides as I go out to embrace new adventures!
Comments