In Anticipation
What if I woke up every morning with joyful anticipation?
"God, I know that you have something special for me! Prepare me for the day ahead, and give me eyes to see the goodness in the moments that you are crafting for me."
I talked to my friend Christine last night, and this was her advice. "Greet each day with great expectation! You never know how God is going to reveal his faithfulness to you. Such joy is contagious, especially when I realize that the source of the joy is not Christine's circumstances but rather her sweet relationship with Jesus, nourished through daily prayer and time in the Word.
I am convicted by the fact that my joy is often a type of happiness based on circumstances. Fortunately, my circumstances have great cause to make me happy now, but I want to go about each day with the kind of deep-seated joy that cannot be thrown by difficulties. Lord, develop this in me, I pray.
"God, I know that you have something special for me! Prepare me for the day ahead, and give me eyes to see the goodness in the moments that you are crafting for me."
I talked to my friend Christine last night, and this was her advice. "Greet each day with great expectation! You never know how God is going to reveal his faithfulness to you. Such joy is contagious, especially when I realize that the source of the joy is not Christine's circumstances but rather her sweet relationship with Jesus, nourished through daily prayer and time in the Word.
I am convicted by the fact that my joy is often a type of happiness based on circumstances. Fortunately, my circumstances have great cause to make me happy now, but I want to go about each day with the kind of deep-seated joy that cannot be thrown by difficulties. Lord, develop this in me, I pray.
Comments