Luis-isms



My Tico brother, Luis Andres, is a precocious 4 years old and a pretty funny little guy. Here are some of my favorite Luis-isms from the past two weeks.

As the rain is pouring down and thunder rumbles...

Luis: Hay muchos tornados aqui.

Laura: No tengo miedo.

Luis: Porque usted es alta!




We have a cute little dog named Taco. He looks a bit like the chihuahua from the Taco Bell commercials. We are walking down the street and Luis suddenly sees another dog...

Luis: Un otro Taco! Hay dos Tacos!


Luis sometimes helps me study. Last night we were practicing verbs. I give him the infinitive form and then he gives me a sentence with the word...

Laura: ensenar.

Luis: Yo enseno los gringos. Usted!


A friend walked home from school with me the other day and we stood outside the house and talked for a bit. Five minutes after entering the house, Luis runs up to me...

Luis: Usted tiene un novio!

Laura: Un AMIGO.

Luis: Usted tiene un novio!


I decided to teach Luis a few words in English. We started with dishes:

Laura: (holding up the glass): "glass"

Luis: glass

Laura: (holding up the bowl): "bowl"

Luis: bo

Laura: (holding up the spoon): "spoon"

Luis: sploon

Laura: (holding up the glass) "Que es eso?"
Luis: baso!


Oh, Luis...You keep life entertaining. My brother Eric would be proud of you. I'm sure that there will be more Luis-isms to come.








Comments

Anonymous said…
I wasn't sure what was being said until an old roomate translated for me. Cute, friend! :)

Popular Posts