To the Cross


Today I climbed the mountain of the three crosses located on the outskirts of the city. These crosses were pointed out soon after my arrival in Costa Rica, so it has been my goal to climb the mountain for quite a while now. I was advised to wait until the end of rainy season for this adventure, because it gets pretty muddy when it rains. So this morning, led by a friend who has lived in San Jose for many years, I joined five other friends in a journey to the crosses. (Yes, we did indeed miss church, but it could have been for a much worse reason!) The sun was hot and the trail very steep, but the breezes were refreshing and the views absolutely gorgeous. From the first cross, we had an excellent view of the city; from the second, a view of the city and more of the surrounding countryside; from the third, a view only of the misty clouds that enveloped us. Here are some pictures:

View of San Jose from the first cross

San Jose with rain clouds overhead
Amanda and I

The second cross

Laura, Amanda, Mandy, Amanda, Antonio, and Brendan

Comments

Popular Posts